Job Analysis and Job Descriptions
Job analysis and development of accurate job descriptions support many critical aspects of an organization’s human capital management –
- Recruitment of the correct candidate
- Establishment of competitive compensation
- Individual productivity and employee engagement
- Streamline of work processes and accountability
- Identification of training needs
- Compliance with labor laws and legislation.
The list goes on. Regardless of the need, completing job analysis and developing accurate job descriptions is of the utmost importance and requires specific expertise and knowledge. Clavum’s team has got rich experience in this area. Our experts continuously stay abreast of changes in legislation as well as industry best practices to ensure both the processes and resulting job documentation can withstand legal scrutiny and protect our clients, while supporting the backbone of their operations.
At Clavum, we develop job descriptions that are broad, descriptive, and flexible to enable adaptation to your organization’s changing needs. We work with our clients to develop effective templates, identify critical goals and unique qualifiers of their organization, and then we help to establish and connect each job’s duties back to the critical goals of the organization. This ensures alignment of each job to the overall success of the organization, while providing the details needed to support effective job performance.
Job evaluation is a systematic process of determining the relative value of various jobs within an organization, and assigning jobs to a hierarchical index of job value. Effective job evaluation enables an organization to:
- Provide fair pay to its employees
- Attract and retain its needed talent
- Identify duplication of tasks and gaps between jobs and function allowing it to make strategic alignment decisions
- Identify qualification requirements
- Place jobs in salary structures
- Maintain internal equity.
At Clavum, our trained and well-experienced staff provides an unbiased, holistic approach to evaluation of an organization’s jobs.
- We focus on only the job itself, not the person performing the job – something that can be very difficult to do if you are an employee of the organization
- We understand the effects a job evaluation process can have on the employees such as job insecurity or fear of pay cuts – so we assist in using an organization-wide involvement and continuous communication process helping to ease concerns and establish a sense of ownership from the results of the job evaluation
- We know the struggles that can occur with management involvement and we take a proactive approach from the onset to help ensure the cooperation needed for successful project completion
We complete job evaluations using current industry best practices in alignment with the requirements of equal pay legislation. Typically, job evaluations are completed after the job analysis and job descriptions are complete. Clavum employs both non-quantitative methods of evaluation such as job classification, as well as quantitative methods such as a job point-factoring which utilizes compensable factors to determine internal worth – a key to establishing an internally consistent compensation system that can serve as a strategic tool for the organization.
Performance Management System
Performance management systems are driven by business needs, organizational culture and the system’s integration with other human resource management systems. There is not a “one size fits all” model. Effective Performance Management Systems:
- Increase employees’ accountability of their on-the-job performance
- Provide a more objective tool for measuring employees’ success
- Provide a direct line of sight for employees to the strategic goals of the organization
- Improve success rates for reaching overall organizational goals
- Mitigate employment practice-related risks by linking evaluation to employees’ self-validated job descriptions
- Provide measurement for operational/business decisions, i.e., performance rewards, compensation, downsizing, etc.
- In addition, an organization’s performance management directly affects employee morale and attitude, thereby determining productivity and ultimately the success of the organization. In today’s workplace climate, performance management is crucial!
Clavum designs performance management systems and tools to systematically produce meaningful, measured results for our clients. Contact Clavum to learn how we can create a Circle of Measured Success that produces the measurements and outcomes needed for optimal performance management and bottom-line influence!
Learning & Developmant
Clavum helps our clients achieve the future they envision. Whether it’s learning the HR discipline, managing a diverse staff, improving your customer service, or getting the most from a senior team, we help our clients evolve into the organizations they wish to become. Our team of specialists not only hold industry-recognized certifications, but they are recognized leaders in the industry, providing guidance and training to hundreds of employees, supervisors, C-suite leaders, and HR professionals each year. Our training programs and products are delivered in live classroom settings, via web-based delivery platforms, or in blended formats to best meet the needs and desires of our clients
Compensation & Benefits Design
Clavum’s Compensation Analysis & Design services include all levels of comprehensive review, refinement, and/or development of compensation programs, ensuring strategic alignment with each unique client. Clavum’s Compensation Analysis & Design services provide our clients:
- Improved competitiveness through current, market-aligned compensation structures that help to attract, motivate and retain high quality employees to the best of the organization’s budgetary abilities
- Risk management resulting from implementation of consistent and defensible pay structures – developed by an unbiased, ethically bound third party – that meet the requirements of equal value legislation
- Tools and services needed to support the implementation and independent management and maintenance of the overall compensation system, and guide consistent and defensible base pay decisions that provide every employee a competitive level of compensation.
Whether you need a complete analysis of your existing compensation system, are starting your compensation program from the ground up, or just need a pay scale developed for a few new positions, Clavum’s experienced Certified Compensation Professionals can successfully meet the demands of your project!